Getting Started Checklist
1. Activate VA Benefits or Alert VA of Program Change:
- To Apply for VA Benefits & Designate Your Direct Deposit Account, Visit va.gov/education/how-to-apply
- Scroll Midway Down the Page and Click “Find Your Education Benefits Form”
- If you have never used your benefits before click “Applying for New Benefit” and follow the prompts OR click on “Updating My Current Education Benefit” if you have used benefits before at a different school.
2. Apply For Admission at NC Wesleyan College:
- Visit ncwc.edu/admissions
- Follow the Steps to Submit Previous College Transcripts (including military transcripts p.11) and Other Required Paperwork to Complete Your Application
- Complete the Veteran Student In-Processing Form
3. Apply For Scholarships:
- The majority of scholarship applications are due at the beginning of the year. View our VA Services Guide PDF for a list and description of each military scholarship. Plan accordingly!
4. Apply For Financial Aid:
- Complete your FREE application for Financial Aid (FAFSA) by visiting fafsa.ed.gov
- Enter NCWC School Code – 002951
- Submit forms as requested via my.ncwc.edu/ICS/My_Finances/Financial_Aid.jnz
5. Enroll In Classes:
- For Dates and Instructions, Check with your Academic Advisor
6. Request VA Certification:
- Complete the VA Certification Request Form and Submit to School Certifying Official, Laura Estes, at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Maintain Verification and Attendance:
- All Changes to Your Schedule Must be Reported to the School Certifying Official
- Attend class! The VA DOES NOT Pay for Non-attendance.
- Report Attendance Through WAVE
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA. Falling below 2.0 for two consecutive terms will lead to termination of your enrollment reported to the VA.
Online Form Center
Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs
If you have questions and would like to visit us at our main Rocky Mount Campus, stop by the Veterans Services Office.
Braswell Administration Office (next to the Registrar’s Office)