We make it pretty easy for you! Follow these quick tabs below. If at any time during the application process you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact one of our admission counselors. We are here to help!
Welcome to Wesleyan… your academic and personal journey begins here!
NCWC operates on a rolling admissions calendar. By providing the information below, you will be informed within 10 business days of the status of your admissions file.
- Earn over 12 transferable college credits (Course level 100 or above).*
- Achieve a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Provide an official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Demonstrate good standing in all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Students with the AA, AS, AFA, or AGE are considered to have all the general education requirements met and will not have to take any school-specific general education courses.
* A student with fewer than 12 transferable college credits must apply as a freshman.
Transfer Student Admissions Process
The best way to determine if NC Wesleyan is right for you is to VISIT. This will provide you with the opportunity to see how things look and feel firsthand, check out the social media atmosphere, meet faculty members, and connect with your admissions counselor and other key people who will help you along your journey.
Summer/Fall 2017 – May 1, 2017
Spring 2017 – December 1, 2016
Complete and submit your application for admission online at http://www.ncwc.edu/apply. There is no fee to apply.
Submit official transcripts for each post-secondary institution you have attended. Once our office has received your application for admission, official high school transcript, and SAT or ACT scores, you will receive an admissions decision within 7-10 business days.
Ask your guidance counselor to send your official transcript to:
The Office of Admissions
North Carolina Wesleyan College
3400 North Wesleyan Blvd.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
The following information must be included: Grades for all courses completed for each year of secondary school, grading scale and corresponding grade point average, and first marking period grades from senior year, if available. (The average weighted GPA of the 2014 incoming class was 3.2)
Submit your SAT scores via College Board
Wesleyan’s school codes for SAT: 5501
Submit your ACT scores via ACT.org, or through your high school guidance office.
Wesleyan’s school codes for ACT: 3135
Complete your FAFSA: www.FAFSA.ed.gov. Be sure to include Wesleyan’s FAFSA school code of 002951
Ninety-eight percent of NCWC students receive financial aid. Institutional aid is awarded based on academic performance and financial need. North Carolina community college graduates with a 2-year degree, who enroll full-time at Wesleyan, are eligible for the 2+ Wesleyan Program. This program immediately allows those students to begin satisfying the requirements for their four-year degree.
Military Discount: All active duty and veterans of all branches of the military, including the National Guard and Coast Guard receive a 10% discount. This discount will be applied as an internal grant towards the cost of attending after the drop/add period. The discount is for students only, and excludes family members.
Once you have been admitted to the college and your FAFSA has been received by our Office of Financial Aid, you will be sent a complete financial aid package. You will automatically be considered for merit scholarships at the time of your acceptance.
Submit your enrollment deposit of $200 ($300 for Heritage recipients) to secure your scholarship and grant funds and to reserve your place in the incoming class.
Methods of Payment
- Call our Admissions Office at 252-985-5200 and pay by phone
- Payments may also be mailed to the NCWC Admissions Office.
Deposits are nonrefundable after May 1.
Now you are ready to begin college life at NCWC! Simply register for one of our summer orientation sessions, submit your housing application (even if you plan to commute), and start packing! Once you make your enrollment deposit, you will receive a letter with all of the information you need to arrive in August prepared and excited for a great year!
- Transfer Award Gold $13,500 (GPA requirement of 3.5 and above)
- Transfer Award Blue $10,500 (GPA requirement of 3.0-3.4)
- Transfer Award White $7,500 (GPA requirement of 2.5-2.9)
- Students transferring with an Associate’s Degree will receive an extra $2,000 in scholarship with our W+2.
* Transfer scholarships are renewed annually. You must be enrolled full-time. Recipients must maintain GPA of 2.0 in college coursework.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Phi Theta Kappa-$500. You must be enrolled full-time.
- United Methodist Award-$2,000: Must be a member of the United Methodist Church/Submit Letter from Minister. You must be enrolled full-time.
APPLYSubmit your application then get admitted. Already applied? Then move on to step 2.
SECURE HOUSINGSubmit your housing application (even if you plan to commute), and start packing! Once you make your enrollment deposit, you will receive a letter with all of the information you need to arrive in August prepared and excited for a great year!
COMPLETE FAFSAApply for federal financial aid. Complete your FAFSA at www.FAFSA.ed.gov . Wesleyan’s FAFSA school code is 002951. Deadline to apply is January 1. Contact us if you need help.
ATTEND BISHOP BUSINESS DAYTake care of official business on campus.
- Meet with financial aid
- Visit the business office
- Get student I.D.
- Learn to navigate your online student account
- Meet with advisors and register for classes
Enrollment deposit require to register.