Office of Adult & Professional Studies
North Carolina Wesleyan College’s Adult Studies are nonresidential, baccalaureate degree programs designed to meet the educational needs of adult learners. The Office of Adult & Professional Studies allows mature women and men to tailor their degree work to meet personal, career and life goals. Because mature adults are highly motivated and capable of self-directed learning, adult learners can take advantage of 8-week, hybrid and online classes, as well as opportunities for earning credit through alternative options such as CLEP and DSST testing.
- 100% online programs
- 8-week, hybrid and online classes
- 10 campus locations
- 300+ online courses
- Opportunities for earning credit through CLEP and DSST testing
- Dedicated support from faculty and advisors
Explore our 8-week Hybrid & Online Classes
Whether you want to be more marketable in your organization, career, or life in general get the competitive advantage with NC Wesleyan’s Adult Studies degree programs. Our coursework includes one-night-per week classes, hybrid classes, and online classes. Some degrees can be completed 100% online. Not all degrees are offered at all locations.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with the option to add concentrations in Entrepreneurship and Logistics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education
- K-6 License (Rocky Mount campus-Only)
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership with the option to add a concentration in Healthcare Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education
- K-6 License (Rocky Mount campus-Only)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Masters in Criminal Justice
- Masters in Business Administration
Choose from 10 Campuses
With its main campus located in Rocky Mount, North Carolina Wesleyan College recently expanded its statewide footprint to 10 satellite campuses for adult students.
- New Bern
Listed on the Top Degree List for Adult & Professional Studies
NC Wesleyan College has been nationally recognized by ABOUND, a college guidance system for degree-seeking adults, for program excellence, with courses available on campus, online or both. ABOUND has helped students find the best place to earn an undergraduate degree, graduate degree, nursing degree, or MBA.
Other Adult & Professional Studies Recognitions
Exceeding the Benchmark Standards for Military Friendly®
Year after year, NC Wesleyan College continues to be recognized as a Military Friendly® college. We strive to provide the best service to veterans and troops through:
- Administers and accepts DSST
- Provides support and guidance with VA benefits
- Provides campus locations and online education near military bases in eastern NC
- Provides flexible scheduling of classes
- Offers flexible policies for transfer work and military training
Recognized in the Top 25% Highest-Rated Colleges for Transfer Students
The Transfer Honor Roll recognizes excellence and success in community college transfer pathway development among four-year colleges and universities. NC Wesleyan College continues to be selected based on our Transfer Friendliness Rating.
Learn more about our Wesleyan Works Program for high school seniors and Community College students.
What Does Our Program Offer?
Most of our professional development courses are 100% online. Check out course topics below or view our complete list at ncwc.ed4career.com.
• Human Resources
• Management & Leadership
• Customer Service
• Marketing & Social Media
• Workforce Compliance
• Teaching & Education
• IT Certifications
Corporate Advantage Program (CAP)
Many employees already have a degree or are not looking to earn a full degree, and many employers are interested in short-term educational and professional development for their staff. NC Wesleyan College can meet both needs by offering one of the following 3 courses on-site:
- Organizational Development
- Human Resource Management
- Courses offered at your organization in Rocky Mount or the Raleigh-Durham area
- Courses can be completed in 8 weeks
- Employees attend class one night per week from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Employees earn 3-9 hours of college credit that they can apply to a college degree at NC Wesleyan College
- Instructors have real world experience plus graduate degrees in the field they are teaching
- 10% tuition discount for your employees
- Employees can continue their education conveniently at our Rocky Mount or Raleigh-Durham campuses
24/7 Tutoring Services. Free & Easy.
North Carolina Wesleyan College is partnered with Smarthinking, a complimentary online tutoring service, provided to all Wesleyan students. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and features live tutoring in the subjects of writing, reading, math, computer and technology, science and business.
New to Smarthinking are Virtual Nerd Tutorials; these 3 to 6 minute videos are in the fields of Pre-algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry. Smarthinking is a reliable resource which can be used for all your classes, give it a try today!