Decided to go to a Community College first?
We have the seamless transfer program to complete your degree!
Wesleyan Works is a transfer program designed for community college students that are planning to continue their education at NC Wesleyan College. This pathway program guarantees admission for community college graduates who complete a degree in Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) or other Associate of Applied Science (AAS).
Students who participate in Wesleyan Works will have access to academic advising and financial aid counseling while attending a community college, as well as access to attend events on the NCWC main campus in Rocky Mount.
- Maximized Transfer Credits
- Seamless transfer pathway
- Automatic Acceptance for community college graduates
- Access to academic and financial counselors during associate’s program
- Students can apply to a participating Community College and NCWC at the same time, granting a pathway for earning an Associate’s degree and Bachelor’s degree.
- Students can apply to NCWC Office of Adult and Professional Studies with NO application fees.
- Students are guaranteed automatic acceptance upon successful completion of the AA/AS/AAS degree from a participating Community College.
- Students will be provided a NCWC Wesleyan Works student identification card and will have access to events on the NCWC main campus in Rocky Mount.
- Students will have joint academic advising and financial aid counseling to maximize the savings offered when attending both participating Community College and NCWC.
Requirements for the Program:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA and in Good Academic Standing
- Be at Least 21 Years of Age – The Vice President of Adult & Professional Studies has the right to waive this requirement upon successful completion of the age waiver process.
- Complete Our Free Application
- Complete Your Free Federal Application for Financial Aid (FAFSA School Code 002951).
You can add up to 10 school codes to your FAFSA without impacting your financial aid at the attending Community College.
- Complete the AA/AS/AAS Degree with the Attending Community College
- Submit an Official College Transcript from Each School Previously Attended
Associate of Applied Science Graduates
NC Wesleyan College offers a number of bachelor degree programs that are a good fit for many A.A.S. degrees. In many cases, students will need to only take 60-68 hours with Wesleyan to finish their four-year degree. Please find your degree on our transfer guide to determine your best options.
Community College Transfer Guide
The Community College Transfer Guide is a list of NC community college courses eligible for transfer, providing a smooth transfer for community college students.
Participating Community Colleges:
North Carolina Wesleyan College has transfer agreements with the following Community Colleges for all of their AA, AS and many AAS degrees.
- Alamance Community College
- Beaufort County Community College
- Bladen Community College
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Brunswick Community College
- Cape Fear Community College
- Central Carolina Community College
- Cleveland Community College
- College of the Albemarle
- Craven Community College
- Durham-Technical College
- Edgecombe Community College
- Forsyth Tech Community College
- Halifax Community College
- Isothermal Community College
- James Sprunt Community College
- Lenoir Community College
- McDowell Technical Community College
- Mayland Community College
- Nash Community College
- Pamlico Community College
- Piedmont Community College
- Pitt Community College
- Randolph Community College
- Richmond Community College
- Robeson Community College
- Sampson Community College
- Southeastern Community College
- Vance-Granville Community College
- Wake Tech College
- Wayne Community College
- Wilson Community College
NC Wesleyan Regional Campuses:
We’ve made it easier for YOU! Once you graduate from a community college, you have the choice to attend any of our campuses throughout eastern NC.
- Brunswick @ Brunswick Community College
- Classes @ Wake Tech Community College
- Greenville @ Pitt Community College
- Manteo @ College of the Albemarle-Dare County Campus
- New Bern @ Craven Community College
- Rocky Mount
- Washington @ Beaufort County Community College
- Wilmington @ Cape Fear Community College
- Winston Salem @ Forsyth Technical Community College (Forsyth Tech)
Phi Theta Kappa
If you were inducted into the society at the community college you graduated from, you are entitled to a $500 grant each year of your attendance at North Carolina Wesleyan College. You must inform and provide proof to your financial aid counselor. You must inform and provide proof to your financial aid counselor and $250 will be applied in late fall and late spring of each year.
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Transfer Honor Roll
The Transfer Honor Roll recognizes excellence and success in community college transfer pathway development among four-year colleges and universities. NC Wesleyan College continues to be selected based on our Transfer Friendliness Rating.