A Flexible and Affordable MBA Program for Successful Leaders.
General | Executive Leadership | Information Security | Supply Chain Management
Master of Business Administration
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) at NCWU educates students for professional advancement and lifelong learning in their communities. The MBA is designed for students seeking to develop their knowledge and broaden their skills in management and leadership. The curriculum is designed to enhance students’ ability to develop and implement organizational strategies that deliver business results. Offering concentrations in General, Executive Leadership, Information Security and Supply Chain Management.
Wesleyan is the only private, non-profit university currently offering an online MBA degree in the region.
Program Features & Highlights:
Take classes from anywhere! Balance work, home and school with this 100% online, accelerated 8-week term program.
Complete your degree at your pace with a full-time or part-time schedule. Featuring multiple start times per year, begin when you are ready.
NCWU’s graduate tuition rates are extremely competitive compared to other graduate schools in the U.S.
Our engaging faculty have real-world professional experience to ensure you are challenged and supported through practical coursework.
MBA Program Overview
An undergraduate degree in BUS or related field
Resume with two references
(Must be able to provide reference letters upon request)
Complete a statement of purpose
No GRE or GMAT required
Minimum undergraduate GPA 2.5
Note: Graduate school applicants with a cumulative GPA below 2.5 may still be considered based upon other factors submitted in the application
What are the courses like in the Master of Business Administration at NCWU?
Check out our latest university catalog for learning goals, course descriptions and suggested plans of study for NC Wesleyan University’s MBA Program.
Fall Semester: June 1
Spring Semester: November 1
Summer Session: March 1
Courses in the program build skills in critical areas such as: decision making, conflict resolution, ethics and management strategies. Students will also gain increased knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of operating in a global business environment.
The Master of Business Administration is designed for students seeking to develop their knowledge and broaden their skills in management and leadership in order to become more effective managers. The curriculum is designed to enhance students’ ability to develop and implement organizational strategies that deliver business results. The program offers a broad range of management tools to advance business operations. Courses in the program build skills in critical areas such as: decision making, conflict resolution, ethics, and management strategies. Students will also gain increased knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of operating in a global business environment.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) requires the completion of 33 semester hours of credit.
- An understanding of behavioral characteristics and reasons for organizational change, as well as which leadership styles are best suited for different environments and situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical problems in business and foundations for decisions involving ethical issues
- Analyze accounting information for decision making and performance evaluation
- Apply economic theory and methodology to managerial decision making problems within various organizational settings, such as a firm or a government agency
- A broad understanding of the bredth, depth and application of concepts involving corporate governance, capital budgeting, the cost of capital, leverage, optimal capital structures, Modigliani-Miller (MM) Propositions, dividends, financial statement analysis and mergers and acquisitions
- A general overview of the legal system and process in the United States
Career Options & Fields:
- Financial Services
- Insurance & Risk Management
- Real Estate: Financing, Investment & Property Management
- Operations Management & Logistics
- Human Resources
- Product Development
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Human Resources Manager
- IT Director/Manager
- Management Consultant