North Carolina Wesleyan College is proud to offer the Crocker Nursing Scholarship for nurses and nursing students. This scholarship is awarded to registered nurses seeking their Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree at NCWC.
The Crockers have been loyal supporters of North Carolina Wesleyan College for over 40 years. In 1975 Dan and Brenda moved to Rocky Mount when he joined Boice-Willis Clinic where, for 25 years, he endeared himself to his patients and their families. In 2000 he founded the Eastern N.C. Medical Group, serving as its President and as Manager.
Dr. Daniel Crocker retired as a local physician and currently serves as Chairman for NC Wesleyan’s Board of Trustees and Mrs. Crocker previously served as Chair of the Board of Visitors. The Crockers are also supporters of the Taylor-Crocker Honors Program which encourages students in Wesleyan’s Honors Program to engage and excel in activities that may not have been available to them without the funding. The Crockers were chosen as recipients of Wesleyan’s 2016 Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award which recognizes members of the College community of noble character and who have acted as humble servants to others by putting service above self.
Recipients must be accepted and registered for classes in order to receive an award. Applicants applying for the scholarship must:
- Be a resident of North Carolina
- Have an overall 3.0 GPA in prior nursing education
- Have been accepted into the RN to BSN Program at NCWC
- Provide a letter of recommendation from their employer or RN faculty member that highlights the student’s good character and potential for success in continuing their education
- Write a personal statement of 500 words about the contribution they will make in the nursing profession with their BSN
- Attend the College’s Annual Scholarship Award program
Completed applications must be submitted by:
Fall: September 30
Spring: March 1
Summer: June 15
For more information, contact:
Assistant Director of Advising
Office of Adult Studies