- Application for admission
- Associate degree (ADN) or diploma in nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- A current, unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse from the state in which the student resides***
- Professional liability insurance
- Valid CPR certification
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 and must have a “C” or better in all transfer credits
- “C” or better in all required nursing prerequisites
- Must pass a criminal background check
*Must reside in a SARA (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) approved state. See below for details.
The RN to BSN Program at North Carolina Wesleyan College, offers distance online learning opportunities for students living across the United States. In order to do so, the college is committed to complying with distance online learning regulations established by each state and its respective Board of Nursing. The RN to BSN Program is authorized, exempted from authorization, or not subject to approval to conduct distance online education activity- including online courses and clinical practice experiences in the states shown below.
State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreement (SARA):
The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is an agreement among member states, districts, and territories in the United States, which establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to simplify the process of taking online courses for credit offered by post-secondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a national council (NC-SARA) and administered by four regional education compacts. North Carolina Wesleyan College has been approved to participate in NC-SARA and was accepted as a SARA institution on March 21, 2017. For more information on SARA, please visit Click Here.
SARA’s policies help protect students and provide benefits to both states and institutions carrying out distance education in multiple states.