Military & Veteran Educational Resources
One Place to Access all VA Education Benefits as a Veteran, Service Member or Military-Connected Students.
We are dedicated to helping military-connected students meet and exceed their academic goals. We understand that the transition from military life to becoming a college student can certainly be a different experience. At NC Wesleyan, our goal is to support student veterans and supply them with all the necessary resources on and off campus so that they can focus on academic success. Allow us to help you build your future as a student and a civilian.
Thank you for your service to our country. We look forward to serving you!
Exceeding the Benchmark Standards for Military Friendly®
Year after year, NC Wesleyan University continues to be recognized as a Military Friendly® college. We strive to provide the best service to veterans and troops through:
- Administer and Accept DSST
- Provide Support and Guidance with VA Benefits
- Provide Campus Locations and Online Education Near Military Bases in Eastern NC
- Provide Flexible Scheduling of Classes
- Offer Flexible Policies for Transfer Work and Military Training
The federal government and other organizations offer college financial aid to active duty personnel, veterans, and those related to veterans or active duty personnel. Listed below is an extensive collection of Veteran Resources for military-connected students.
Helpful External Links & Tools:
- Apply for VA Benefits or Change Program/School
- W.A.V.E. Attendance Verification (CH 30, 1606, 1607)
- Army/Navy/Marines/Coast Guard Transcripts
- Air University (Air Force Transcripts)
- NC Wesleyan University Catalog
- US Department of Veterans Affairs Website
- GI BILL® Website
- BAH Calculator
- GI BILL® Comparison Tool
- Post 9/11 Benefits
- Scholarships for Military Families
Downloadable Forms & Veteran Services Guide:
Other Military Related Sites:
- The American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Military Friendly Schools
- Military Hire – Jobs for Veterans and Transitioning Military
- Veterans Crisis Hotline
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Fisher House Foundation
- DECA Commissary Scholarships
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Troops to Teachers
Support the NCWU Vietnam War Memorial Project
The University plans to dedicate a new wall and plaque to recognize and honor alumni who served in harm’s way during the Vietnam War. Learn more about each NCWU Alumni and their stories below.
Are You Ready to Get Started?
We have put together a helpful checklist for Veterans and Active Military to complete as they walk through the process for entering college.
Online Form Center
Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs:
Veteran Services and VA School Certifying Official
Laura Estes Brown, MA.Ed.
Associate Dean, Veteran Services & ROTC Adviser
VA EDUCATION BENEFITS NUMBER
VA Student Hotline – 1.888.GI BILL.1 (888.442.4551)
If you have questions and would like to visit us at our main Rocky Mount Campus, stop by the Veterans Services Office.
Pearsall Classroom Building (Next to the Business Office)
Student Success Center
Room PCB 192-B