We Are Here For You!
The Office of International Student Services (ISS) provides a wide variety of services to promote academic achievement, build relationships with the Bishop community and surrounding community, and helps students take full advantage of the opportunities available at NC Wesleyan. The office works with international students on a variety of issues, including helping them understand legal matters relating to study in the United States.
OUR SUPPORT SERVICES
- International Admissions
- Consultation on Visa and Immigration Matters
- International advising and communication throughout your admissions process until you arrive.
- International student advising on maintaining your F-1 status once you arrive.
- Cultural Activities including “WesFest” and International Education Month
- Social Events such as GO Group (committed volunteers) connections and American family support, International Bishop Association (An association on campus for international and domestic students to connect and share experiences.)
- Transportation to Health Department, Social Security Office, local banks. Campus shuttles provide transportation weekly to Walmart and Target. Also, appointment scheduling and transportation for necessary immunizations.
- Freshmen Transitions and Advising to help navigate the new student throughout their first year.
- Assistance with acquiring your Social Security card after the student gains campus employment.
- Airport and arrival information
- Worldwide Welcome Orientation
- Drivers License or State ID card information
- Cell phone plan information
Student Success At NCWC our #1 priority is student success. Whatever you need and whenever you need it, we are there to help.
Tutoring, coaching, advising and enrichment programs.
Your individual road map to success.
Community Service Opportunities
Degree and Career Planning
The Taylor-Crocker Honors Program provides a select group of diverse, high-achieving students with an interactive, engaging and challenging experience to complement their undergraduate education.
Individualized First-Year Advising
Peer Assisted Study Sessions
Student Success Center
Various programs designed to empower and connect students with the resources needed to enhance their academic and personal development.
The Writing Center
One-on-one tutoring to help students with any writing assignments, for any class.