Office of Adult & Professional Studies
North Carolina Wesleyan College’s Adult Studies are nonresidential baccalaureate degree programs designed to meet the educational needs of adult learners. The Office of Adult & Professional Studies allows mature women and men to tailor their degree work to meet personal, career, and life goals. Because mature adults are highly motivated and capable of self-directed learning, adult learners can take advantage of 5-week, 8-week, hybrid, and online classes, as well as opportunities for earning credit through alternative options such as CLEP and DSST testing.
Whether you want to be more marketable in your organization, career, or life in general get the competitive advantage with NC Wesleyan’s Adult Studies programs.
Most of our professional development courses are 100% online. Check out course topics below or view our complete list at ncwc.ed4online.com.
• Human Resources
• Management and Leadership
• Customer Service
• Marketing and Social Media
• Workforce Compliance
• Teaching and Education
• IT Certifications
North Carolina Wesleyan College partnered with Smarthinking in 2013, a complimentary tutoring service, provided to all Wesleyan students. This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and features live tutoring in the subjects of writing, reading, math, science, business, and computer and technology.
New to Smarthinking are Virtual Nerd Tutorials; these three to six minute videos are in the fields of Pre-algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2 and Geometry. Smarthinking is a reliable resource which can be used for all your classes, give it a try today!
Smarthinking can be accessed in three simple steps:
- Log into your my.ncwc.edu account
- Click on the Students tab
- Click on Smarthinking
Corporate Advantage Program (CAP)
Many employees are not looking to earn a full degree or already have a degree. Many employers are interested in short term educational and professional development for their staff. NC Wesleyan College can meet both needs by offering one of the following three courses on-site:
• Organizational Development
• Human Resource Management
• Courses offered at your organization in Rocky Mount or the Raleigh-Durham area.
• Courses can be completed in 8 weeks.
• Employees attend class one night per week from 6pm-10pm
• Employees earn 3-9 hours of college credit that they can apply to a college degree at NC Wesleyan College.
• Instructors have real world experience plus graduate degrees in the field they are teaching.
• 10% tuition discount for your employees.
• Employees can continue their education conveniently at our Rocky Mount or Raleigh-Durham campuses.
For more information on CAP, please email Dr. Evan Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why NC Wesleyan?
“Wesleyan allowed me to finish my degree on my terms and on my schedule. Plus, there’s a campus just 5 minutes from my home.”