The college has created the following list for the safety of our students, faculty, and staff for this fall. You’ll note below that instructors may require students to wear masks in their classes as long as it’s noted as a policy in the syllabus or syllabus addendum (such as an email that is intended to supercede the original syllabus). Please read the following list carefully. All questions and responses to this email will be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCWC COVID-19 Protocols
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated students will not be required to wear masks on campus with the following exceptions:
- Classes in which the professor requires masks, as noted on the class syllabus.
- Masks are required in the Health Center per state guidelines.
- Unvaccinated faculty, staff, and students should continue to wear masks when not able to social distance, including in residential buildings.
- All campus community members should continue to social distance and practice frequent handwashing.
- Students are expected to immediately report any COVID-19 symptoms or positive test results to the Director of Health Services by emailing email@example.com.
- Students testing positive for COVID-19 will need to leave campus upon diagnosis. We will not have quarantine space available on campus and resident students will not be permitted to stay in their assigned rooms.
- Students arriving via international flight will be required to quarantine prior to checking in unless they have provided proof of immunity.
- At check-in, all traditional students must submit a printed copy of one of the following:
- Vaccine card showing COVID vaccine(s), OR
- Proof of positive COVID test more than 10 days and less than one year from the date of arrival, OR
- Laboratory report showing IgG antibodies to COVID-19, performed within the one month of arrival, OR
- Lab report showing a negative COVID-19 test within ten days of arrival. (Students will be expected to self-quarantine from the date of test until campus arrival.)
(Please note that our COVID policy and protocols are subject to change at any time based on changes in CDC, state, or local guidelines, new data release, or local trends. We will update the college community promptly if we have to change the system or protocols.)