The Business Office has resources for students and parents that include making payments, accessing student accounts, credit balances, setting up payment plans and more!
North Carolina Wesleyan University is a community with a special mission and is composed of diverse individuals. As a higher educational institution, North Carolina Wesleyan University encourages growth and diversity in thought and appropriate communications. North Carolina Wesleyan University recognizes that issues (i.e. concerns, grievances, etc.) between students and faculty, staff, peers, and the University are possible. North Carolina Wesleyan University appreciates all individuals that voice issues, and it desires to provide an environment where all issues can be addressed.
In the event that a general or specific issue is submitted in writing by a student, it is the policy of North Carolina Wesleyan University to respond to the student in an appropriate and timely manner. It is also the policy of North Carolina Wesleyan University to provide an appeal procedure for all issues, concerns, and grievances.
North Carolina Wesleyan University assigns oversight for the listed area of responsibility to the individual designated below, and the designated individual is responsible for establishing written procedures which are to be published in appropriate documents.
- Academic (non-grade related) – Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
- A.D.A – Accessibility Services Coordinator
- Sexual Harassment –Title IX Coordinator
- Non-Academic – Dean of Students
- All vehicles operated by students matriculating in academic programs of the Universitymust register their vehicles with the Security Office.
- Parking Permits/decals will be made available at the Administrative Check-in at the beginning of each semester. These permits may also be picked up at the Student Affairs Office in Hardees Building. It is the student’s responsibility to pick up his or her parking permit.
- Decals must be displayed on vehicles. Place the permit in the lower left hand corner of your rear window.
- Security offers limited assistance to students, faculty, staff, and visitors with vehicle problems. For those in need of technical service, Security will assist in locating sources for those requesting service.
- However, all business arrangements for outside services are between the party requesting the service and the providers of the service.
- All incidents occurring on campus that involve violation of the Criminal Code of North Carolina are investigated by Security and persons involved will be charged appropriately.
Parking Rules and Regulations
- Parking is prohibited where indicated by sign or painted curb.
- Valid parking spaces are marked with white lines.
- Parking in reserved spaces is prohibited.
- Parking in two spaces, on the grass, or paved sidewalks is prohibited.
- Unpaid tickets may result in towing of the vehicle.
- All costs incurred by towing are the responsibility of the individual.
- Ticketing for permits occurs 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- No parking zones, yellow curbs, and reserved spaces are ticketed at all times.
- Parking in handicap spaces may result in towing of the vehicle.
- Violations result in a $10 fine, except for $15 for not having a valid permit, $25 for speeding, and $100 for parking in a handicapped space.
- Appeals can be made to the Dean of Students within 10 days of violation. After 10 days there is no appeal.
- Unpaid tickets will be billed to a student’s account. Remember that vehicles may be towed for accumulating unpaid tickets. Repeated failure to abide by University policy may result in suspension of parking privileges and/or disciplinary action. Please refer all questions or concerns about College
- Parking Policy to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students (Hardees Building)
The Student Handbook is an official publication of North Carolina Wesleyan University. It is designed to assist each member of our college community in realizing the importance of mutual responsibility and support for the policies, traditions, and future growth of North Carolina Wesleyan University. The Student Handbook is also intended to help new students become integrated into the Wesleyan community. It contains pertinent information and instructions regarding conduct in order that one may fully participate in and enjoy the co- curricular as well as curricular environments of the University. Thus, it is our hope that the Student Handbook will give you guidance and direction as you chart a college career at North Carolina Wesleyan University.
The Director of Security, his/her designee, and the Security officers are responsible for the enforcement of campus policies, traffic regulations, and emergency assistance. Upon request, Security personnel will provide after-dark escort service for students walking to and from campus facilities.
Although every effort is made to ensure campus safety, students have a major responsibility to use good judgment in their actions and to report immediately all suspicious and emergency situations to Campus Security or residence hall staff. Campus Security works closely with outside law enforcement agencies and contacts them for assistance when necessary.
Lost or stolen items should be reported immediately to Security staff. While the University takes all possible precautions to help residents protect their possessions, the University does not assume responsibility for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged. Students are advised to determine if their possessions are covered by parents’ home owner’s insurance or, if needed, invest in adequate personal property insurance.
Click HERE for the Campus Security & Emergency Prep Plan and Security & Fire Safety Report
N.C. Wesleyan University
3400 North Wesleyan Blvd.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
NCWU provides a confidential TIPLINE as a means by which community members may relay information anonymously. Our goal is to obtain information that leads to individual accountability regarding incidents that violate the university code of conduct, state or federal law or just information you think we need to know about. Thank you for helping make NCWU a better place to live, learn and work. All information is relayed confidentially without any identifying data.
Send a tip via the Tipline HERE
FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY & STAFF
View the list of our Preferred Business Partners around Rocky Mount and show your Wesleyan ID to enjoy discounts on food, lodging, entertainment, services and more!
Get help with all things technology related at NCWU. Learn about the campus Networking & Computer Policies, Technology Requirements and helpful links and guides for using the technology that is present on campus.