Assistant Athletic Trainer
North Carolina Wesleyan College, a member of the USA South Athletic Conference, is seeking applications for two (2) Assistant Athletic Trainer positions. These are full time 10 month positions, beginning August 1st. The athletic trainer’s will assist in providing care for 15 NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports teams, including Football, M/W Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Cross Country; Men’s Golf, Women’s Volleyball, Lacrosse, Track and Field; Baseball and Softball. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: prevention, treatment, management, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries; daily athletic training room operations; maintain up to date and accurate medical records; practice and game coverage including weekend hours and some team travel. Sport assignments will be determined by the Head Athletic Trainer based on applicants’ best qualifications.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required/Master’s Degree preferred.
- BOC certification required
- NC State License or eligible
- First Aid/CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer
- Valid driver’s license
- Post offer background check required
- Experience with EMR’s
- Demonstrated knowledge/master of computer skills using MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of students, parents, and coaches
- Ability to effectively treat and rehabilitate sports related injuries
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please e-mail your letter of application, resume, and 3 references (name, position, phone number, email address) to: Tim Donovan, Head Athletic Trainer, North Carolina Wesleyan College, 3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd Rocky Mount, NC 27804 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Single document PDF submission is preferred. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin immediately.
North Carolina Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. Homepage at https://www.ncwc.edu.
Assistant Director of Residence Life
North Carolina Wesleyan College seeks qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Director for Residence Life. This 12-month live-in position reports to the Associate Dean of Students for Campus Life and is responsible for administrative and management functions necessary for the efficient operation of 2 residential facilities, each of which houses 120 first-year students (one all-female, one all-male). This staff member will create and oversee living environments that encourage and support students’ academic, social, cultural, and emotional growth and retention while also leading department-wide student communication and recognition efforts.
The basic functions of this position are as follows:
- Create and maintain a positive, safe, inclusive and clean living-learning environment that ensures individual, civic, and social responsibility and accountability.
- Oversee various operational processes for the buildings assigned (key issuing, mailbox assignment, mail delivery, work order submission, health and safety inspections, move in/out damage/inventory inspections, review of security cameras, etc.).
- Provide ongoing training, evaluation and supervision for paraprofessional staff (resident advisors, desk assistants and office assistants). Also recruit and hire for these positions.
- Provide conflict-resolution guidance/mediation and basic counseling to residents and student staff.
- Maintain awareness of and relationships with on and off-campus resources appropriate for student referrals in order to support the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of a diverse student body.
- Take ownership for the overall student experience, directly working to positively impact student success and retention at every opportunity.
- Monitor students of concern, providing information and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Lead hall programming efforts by providing guidance and resources to student staff while collaborating with others.
- Investigate and respond to questions and/or concerns in a professional manner, consulting with students, faculty, staff and parents to provide relevant information on incident-specific concerns as well as student development issues and college policies.
- Monitor the conditions of assigned facilities, submitting work orders to be addressed by the facilities department and keeping supervisor abreast of ongoing/repeat issues and/or issues that are not addressed in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure that residence life and college policies, regulations and procedures are known, upheld and followed.
- Adjudicate low-level conduct violations by meeting with students and assigning/monitoring developmental sanctions.
- Maintain office hours of 9:30am-4pm, Monday-Friday and serve on the “on call” duty rotation team to respond to evening and weekend crisis situations. Host occasional evening staff/resident meetings.
- Prepare and submit reports upon request, utilizing attention to detail to manage large data sets with minimal errors.
- Work closely with the First Year Experience program and the Student Success Center as a whole to bolster efforts in support of the first year students.
- Provide leadership to the residence life department in the areas of student communications and recognition efforts. The goals of this additional role will be to bring continual improvement to departmental branding and marketing/communication efforts (particularly in regards to hall programming, staff selection and ongoing resident communications) through direct work and the training of other staff members. An additional goal is to develop and coordinate programs/processes that create a culture of positivity wherein students are celebrated for individual and collective accomplishments as well as day-to-day positive behaviors throughout the residential community.
- Utilize Jenzabar to input and extract information; quickly learn other technologies/systems as needed.
- Represent the department at campus-wide events (orientation, open house, etc.) and as a member of departmental/College-wide committees.
- Oversee a limited summer student housing program (dependent upon facility hosting this, which can vary annually).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or related field strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1 year live-in residence life experience as a full-time or graduate assistant staff member strongly preferred.
- Passion for leading, motivating, and educating/developing students while also providing them and their parents with stellar customer service.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment while being self-motivated to also work independently.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of North Carolina Wesleyan College and the distinctive nature of Christian higher education.
- Additional Skills/Attributes: interest in being an engaged and visible member of the campus community, detail oriented and organized, high degree of personal and professional ethics and maturity, outstanding relationship building and communication skills, commitment to diversity, solid mediation skills, basic counseling skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, comfort and savvy with using technology, flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances, dependable, ability to effectively prioritize tasks based on importance and supervisor expectations, strong professional writing skills.
- Must reside in the apartment provided and actively participate in campus activities/events and the provided campus meal plan. (Apartment will be fully-furnished, including washer and dryer. Cable TV and internet access is provided.)
- To apply please send a completed staff application form (available at ncwc.edu/human-resources/) , cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers of 3 references to: North Carolina Wesleyan College, Attn: Jessie Langley, 3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd., Rocky Mount, NC 27804, or by email to email@example.com.
- North Carolina Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer.
HEAD MEN’S SOCCER COACH
North Carolina Wesleyan College, a DIII liberal arts college located in Rocky Mount, NC, invites applications for the position of Head Men’s Soccer Coach. This is a full-time, ten-month position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to player development, recruiting, NCAA and USA South rules and regulations, compliance, administrative duties, daily operations of the program which include, organizing practices, game planning, film breakdown, and teaching skills and strategy of the game.
Submit letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Aaron Denton, Vice-President and Director of Athletics. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree for an accredited college or university, a minimum of two years of coaching or playing experience at the college or club level, ability to recruit and evaluate talent, strong organizational and public relations skills. Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics.