Assistant Athletic Director of Internal Operations
Under the direction of the VP of Athletics, the Assistant Athletic Director of Internal Operations will oversee the operations of the Department of Athletics to ensure that institutional, conference, and NCAA policies and procedures are followed. Organize and assist in the planning of special projects, events, and fundraisers. Budgeting and budget oversight and execution are some of the primary functions of the position.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the athletics environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Prior experience in event planning
- Provide a high level of customer service in all administrative functions of the department and foster teamwork among the staff.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with ability to work flexible hours and weekends
Submit letter of application, resume, and names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Aaron Denton, Vice-President and Director of Athletics. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions Representative & Campus Support- Durham Campus
North Carolina Wesleyan College’s ASPIRE program is accepting applications for a full-time administrative position for its Durham campus. Primary responsibilities will be to recruit and counsel incoming Adult Studies students regarding the admissions process; assist in the development of institutional application and information materials; identify and develop business and educational referral sources; provide administrative support and direction in the development and operations of the ASPIRE community college partnerships.
Applicant must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree and have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface well with public. Prior experience in a non-traditional higher education environment highly desirable. Excellent public relations skills, problem solving, telephone and counseling skills; computer literacy; self-motivated with the ability to work independently. Must be able to work until 6:30 PM nightly and occasional evenings and weekends as required for recruitment fairs. To apply, send resume including references to Jessica Harrison at email@example.com
North Carolina Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Facilities
North Carolina Wesleyan College has an immediate opening for Director of Facilities. The primary functions of this position will be to:
- Direct daily property maintenance, housekeeping and custodial service operations in order to provide quality services.
- Maintain and implement sanitary and safety conditions and training to adhere to auditing procedures and statutory regulations.
- Execute strategic plan by implementing short and long-term goals that align with the scope of service, mission and values.
- Supervise day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards.
- Establish a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees.
- Create and manage the budget by increasing revenue and controlling unit expenditures to ensure accuracy of operating and administrative budget.
- Oversee major repair and renovations projects by identifying and managing vendors/contactors, including bid process, contract compliance, and vendor/contractor performance.
- Maintain control of physical plant operations and all other aspects of property maintenance.
Required qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years Management experience required.
- Project management and capital budget experience.
- Analytical thinking, interpersonal relations, diversity awareness, customer focus, drive and dependability, stress tolerance and flexibility, delegating and directing, planning, team building, and communication.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, organizational, and customer service skills.
To apply please send cover letter, resume with a completed staff application form, and the contact information of 3 references to: North Carolina Wesleyan College, Attn: Darrell Whitley, 3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd., Rocky Mount, NC 27804, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
North Carolina Wesleyan is an equal opportunity employer.