The University currently has the following job openings:
Digital Services Librarian
North Carolina Wesleyan University invites applications for a Digital Services Librarian. This is a full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor. This librarian will work to develop, maintain, and evaluate library web content, including but not limited to: LibGuides, forms, FAQs, tutorial videos, the library website, etc. This librarian will develop outreach programs serving the Wesleyan community at all locations, to make students, faculty, and staff aware of the library’s extensive information resources and unique collections. This librarian will also lead the library’s social media presence and develop outreach programs to make the students, faculty, and staff aware of the library’s extensive information resources and unique collections.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
Candidates must have a master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA accredited institution. 0 to 3 years of experience in an academic library is preferred. Other requirements include:
- Providing general and specialized reference service and point-of-service information literacy instruction to NC Wesleyan’s community of scholars in person, by telephone, by e-mail, by chat, and online.
- Strong technology skills, including good working knowledge of Windows and Office applications, the Internet, email, and diverse electronic resources.
- Participating in staffing Pearsall Library service desks during evening and weekend hours, which includes the supervision of work study students.
- A strong commitment to public service and the provision of exceptional service.
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision and to work effectively in collaborative teams to achieve common goals.
North Carolina Wesleyan University values a culture of respect, kindness, and understanding and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. Women, historically underrepresented minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references to:
Director of the Library
North Carolina Wesleyan University
3400 N. Wesleyan Blvd.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Initial applications should include:
- Letter of application
- Original transcripts showing academic work in higher education and degrees received
- Three letters of recommendation addressing academic qualification and effective teaching experience
Review of applications for all positions will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified for each position. Women and minority candidates are strongly urged to apply.