Why We Exist?
Connect-Youth Theology Institute exists to help connect high school students to Christ, Community and the Church. Our goal is that through our program, students will be encouraged, empowered and equipped to live out their faith wherever God has placed them.
What We Value?
- God’s Love– We value God’s love because we believe that God is love. His most loving act is revealing Himself to us through the Scriptures and His Son, Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:7-21)
- The Bible– We value the Bible as a primary way in which God speaks to us and shows us His love. It is our main source from which we teach and train students. (Hebrews 1:1-3; 2 Tim. 3:14-17)
- Authentic Community– We value authentic community because we believe all humans were made to live in community together the same way the Trinity lives as one. We like to refer to this as “beloved community.” (Ephesians 4:2-16)
- Holy Communion– We value partaking in Holy Communion because in it we are proclaiming together Jesus’ love for us. We believe the table is for all people. (Matt. 26:26-30; 1 Cor. 11:23-26)
- Freedom– We value freedom because Scripture tells us, “it is for freedom that Christ set us free.”(Galatians 5)
What We Believe?
We affirm together the Apostle’s & the Nicene Creeds. (see below)
The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church,* the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Nicene Creed
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made.
For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became truly human.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried.
On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic* and apostolic church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.
*Universal Church (all Christians from all times)
- Offer meaningful encounters with God that students may draw upon later in life
- Teach students spiritual disciplines necessary to sustain them throughout their lives
- Develop the analytical skills necessary to study and synthesize scripture and other writings from their Christian traditions
- Provide mentor relationships that offer guidance, support, and opportunities to grow in leadership and service
- Create covenantal relationships with other students who are also discerning their calling to vocational ministry or religious leadership
- Shed light on ministry opportunities where young people can serve in their communities
Church Partners List:
- Church on the Rise
- Englewood Baptist Church
- Word Tabernacle Church
- First United Methodist Church of RMT
- Nashville United Methodist Church
- Fellowship Bible Church RMT
- The Way Church
- Christ Covenant Church
- St. James United Methodist Church
- Wake Forest United Methodist Church
- Farmington Heights Church
- Englewood Presbyterian Church
- Elm City United Methodist Church
- Conetoe Missionary Baptist Church
- Calvary Baptist Church RMT