Technical and Operations Staff
3400 N Wesleyan Blvd
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
The Dunn Center for the Performing Arts sits on the beautiful campus of NC Wesleyan College. Located just minutes from Interstate 95 and adjacent to highway 301 (Wesleyan Blvd).
Overall Seating Capacity
Minges Auditorium: 1180
Powers Recital Hall: 132
All Technical Information Due 4 Weeks Prior to Performance.
STAGE INFORMATION AND MEASUREMENTS
1180-seat capacity, full proscenium stage, sound and lights
- Seating Capacity, 1180
- Audience is divided into a lower and upper section
- the lower section seats 316 (16 seats for wheel chairs)
- the upper section seats 864
- Stage Manager Console Leftstage
- Proscenium opening: width 50′-0″ height 20′-0″
- Grand Teaser dead hung at 16′
- Depth: Curtain line to back wall: 36′-0″
- Curtain to last set of lines: 30′-6″
- Distance from DS edge of apron (orchestra pit) to house curtain line: 5′-0″ in center, 10′-0″ at proscenium edge
- Width from stage right wall to stage left wall: 95′-0″
- Stage left wing: 25′-0″ x 25′-6″
- Stage right wing: 20′-0″ x 36′-0″
- Grid height: 43′-0″
- Stage floor: tongue and grove, yellow pine laid over suspended floor, covered with hardboard.
- Screws may be used to anchor scenery
- 24 sets of single purchase counterweight lines, arbors hold 750lb counterweights
- Length of battens: 63′-0″
- Batten travel: 37′-0″, low point 5′-0″ above stage floor, high point 42′-0″
- Fly rail is located stage right at deck level.
- 5 on-stage electrics.
- A-Frame Ladder 24′-0″
- Geni-Lift 30′-0″
- Ground level loading, no loading dock.
- Load through scene shop at stage level.
- Size of loading doors 12′-0″ wide by 14′-0″ high
- One 48′ trailer can unload at a time.
- Covered orchestra pit – no elevator or lift. Use of pit must be specified in contract.
- Seats 25-30 musicians comfortably.
- Grand Drape: Color: Red Velour
- Size: 22′-0″ high x 65′-0″ wide in 2 equal sections – center slit travels side-to-side and up and down
- 4 legs (pairs): Black Velour – 10′-0″ wide x 22′-0″ high
- 4 borders: Black Velour – 6′-0″ wide x 63′-0″ high
- 1 full stage Traveler: Black Velour
- Size: 22′-0″ high x 65′-0″ wide in 2 equal sections.
- 1 Cyclorama: Off-white (seamless); 22′-0″ high x 63′-0″ wide ** Can Not Be Moved **
- 1 Full stage curtain: Black Velour Size: 22′-0″ high x 65′- 0 wide
House Batten Hang
|13||Mid Stage Traveler||14′4″|
- Two chorus dressing rooms located stage left (8 people each) with bathrooms and showers.
- Two private dressing rooms located next to the chorus dressing rooms with bathroom and shower.
- Washer/Dryer, Steamer, Steam Iron & Board, Two Racks.
- A 30×40 space located stage left w/ an entrance to the stage. Can also be used as a support space for costume storage, makeup, dressing area etc..
- The Dunn Center for the Performing Arts is a non-union house. Student technical assistants will perform the work required. If students are unavailable, The Dunn Center will hire outside professional assistants.
Powers Recital Hall
132-seat auditorium, full proscenium stage, sound and lights
LIGHTING, AUDIO AND ELECTRICAL INFO
- Visiting company disconnect located stage right.
- Power supply: 200 amps, 3 phase, 120 volts.
- 110 circuits surround the Stagewalls
- Dimmer Room located Upstage Right for DMX tie in
House Lighting System & Power
- 3 Phase
- 4 wire
20 feet from stage
- 120 – 2.4KW
- ETC Sensor Dimmer (Dimmer per circuit)
ETC Express Console
Audio System & Power
- Yamaha M7CL
- (32) Inputs
- (16) Outputs
Mix Position: House Center
Intercom System: ClearCom Single Channel
Playback: CD player/Autocue Auto Ready
RF Units (Wireless)
- (7) Sennheiser ew G4 units w/ Lav and transmitter
- (3) Sennheiser ew 100 G3 Units w/ Lav and transmitter
Found at FOH
- (5) Sennheiser ew 100 G3 Units w/ Handhelds ( 835 capsules )
- (1) lav and transmitter
- (6) Straight stands w/ round base
- (4) Boom arm stands w/ round base
- (11) Boom arm stands w/ tripod base
- (4) Small Boom arm w/ tripod base
- CD player
- (2) Powered JBL Line Array
- Flown Subs
- Dead hung
- (4) Yamaha DSR 1-12’s
- (2) DSR 1-10’s
(2) AT 2035
(1) AKG C 3000B
(4) CAD 217
(3) Sennheiser 604
(6) Beta 58
(1) Beta 52
- DI boxes
(3) Radial Pro
(1) Radial Pro 48