We are dedicated to helping Veterans, Active Duty, Military Dependent, Guard and Reserve Students meet and exceed their academic goals. We understand that the transition from military life to becoming a college student can certainly be a different experience. At NC Wesleyan, our goal is to support student veterans and supply them with all the necessary resources on and off campus so that they can focus on academic success. Allow us to help you build your future as a student and a civilian.
Thank you to you and your family for your service to our country. We look forward to serving you!
Exceeding the Benchmark Standards for Military Friendly®
Year after year, NC Wesleyan College continues to be recognized as a Military Friendly® college. We strive to provide the best service to veterans and troops through:
- Administer and Accept DSST
- Provide Support and Guidance with VA Benefits
- Provide Campus Locations and Online Education Near Military Bases in Eastern NC
- Provide Flexible Scheduling of Classes
- Offer Flexible Policies for Transfer Work and Military Training
The federal government and other organizations offer college financial aid to active duty personnel, veterans, and those related to veterans or active duty personnel. Listed below is an extensive collection of Veteran Resources for military-connected students.
Helpful External Links & Tools:
- Apply for VA Benefits or Change Program/School
- W.A.V.E. Attendance Verification (CH 30, 1606, 1607)
- Army/Navy/Marines/Coast Guard Transcripts
- Air University (Air Force Transcripts)
- NC Wesleyan College Catalog
- US Department of Veterans Affairs Website
- GI Bill Website
- BAH Calculator
- GI Bill Comparison Tool
- Post 9/11 Benefits
Other Military Related Sites:
- The American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Military Friendly Schools
- Military Hire – Jobs for Veterans and Transitioning Military
- Veterans Crisis Hotline
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Fisher House Foundation
- DECA Commissary Scholarships
- Pat Tillman Foundation
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
- Troops to Teachers
Are You Ready to Get Started?
We have put together a helpful checklist for Veterans and Active Military to complete as they walk through the process for entering college.
Online Form Center
Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs:
If you have questions and would like to visit us at our main Rocky Mount Campus, stop by the Veterans Services Office.
Braswell Administration Office
(next to the Registrar’s Office)